[Accessibility] [Privacy

Continuing Education at Kinections

What is continuing education?
Most professional organizations and state licensure boards that credential medical and mental health providers require that the people they credential complete a required number of continuing education hours to maintain their credentials. Requirement for continuing education reinforce the value of professional growth and development and the importance of honing one's skills and keeping up-to-date with research, current trends, and new information.

How does Kinections fit into the continuing education picture?
Kinections is an approved provider of continuing education for the National Board for Certified Counselors. This means that NCCs, Board Certified music therapist, and members of the Academy of Registered Dance Therapists can take continuing education courses sponsored by Kinections. Kinections adheres to NBCC Continuing Education Guidelines.

Clinicians from other fields are also welcome to take Kinections' courses. You can check with your professional orgnaization to see if the course you are interested will be accepted by your credentialing board. Since the courses are current and well-designed, most are usually acceptable, but if you want additional assurance, send us the name of the course(s) you are interested in and the name and complete address of the board that credentials you. We will investigate the situation for you. Use our contact form to ask us!

Why do many consider the continuing education courses at Kinections unique?
The courses range from 6-45 hours so that participants the can pursue specific topics in-depth if they so choose. Few, if any providers of continuing education address topics such as nonverbal communication (e.g. movement empathy, building boundaries kinestheically), the body-mind connection, and the role of creativity in treatment. They do so for wide variety of populations.

Who requires continuing education?
Most professional organizations and state licensure boards, including the National Board for Certified Counselors the body that certifies NCCs, the American Dance Therapy Association that credentials members of the Academy of Registered Dance Therapists (BC-DMTs), the American Music Therapy Association, that certifies music therapists. Some of the Boards have reciprocal arrangements. For example, board certified music therapists may take continuing education courses at NBCC approved sites.

How much continuing education do I need?
Check with your professional organization. NCCs and BC-DMTs, for example, must accrue 100 hours of continuing education across five years.

Who teaches the continung education courses?
Since the courses focus on verbal and nonverbal communication all the courses are taught by members of the Academy of Registered Dance Therapists, National Certified Counselors, and Certified Movement Analysts. All are well-established professionals in their areas of expertise.